27 May 2009

Memorial Day Weekend Races

I raced the Snake, Melon City, and Quad Cities Crits this weekend. The Snake was one of the worst races of my life. I was never able to recover and I just kept moving backwards after each lap. I finished 20th, 2 spots worse than last year. But what can you do, a bad day is a bad day. Kim however had an amazing race and finished 4th.

Melon city turned out better for me this year than last. I got driven into the curb by another rider last year on the last lap. This year I stayed upright, but the pace was unbelievably high. Lipsmackers + Meredith Miller + Kenda + Alderfer Bergen + Flanders = non-stop pain. I was able to stay with the lead group, but was way in the back on the final ride up the hill. I checked the results after they were final and found that a lapped rider got placed ahead of me. My fault for not checking them sooner, but still peeves me a little.

Not much to say about Monday. I just stayed in the main pack in both races. Participated in the final sprints. Didn't do much, so I didn't get much. I probably won't do this race next year as everyone else I know was on a bar ride to the Amanas.

This was a great weekend of racing. Since I don't do any of the big stage races, this was probably the most talented group of riders I will ever race against. My hat is off to you ladies...you are truly amazing!!!

1 comment:

Sarah Lukas said...

hey girl-

if you guys end up coming up to Rhinelander you definitely have a place to say.

We even have a cabin/cottage next door you could stay in.

I'll have to catch up with you later, but it was awesome reading your race report- You are riding so strong! It's awesome!

Hope to see you soon!