01 June 2009

WORS #2...1st DNF

Kyle and I decided to make the HUGE treck up to Wisconsin again this weekend for the second race in the WORS series. The weather was cool up there and the course was perfect. It had some climbing and some tough single track. I was feeling really strong after the epic weekend of road racing last weekend. The race started out great. The first 1/4-1/2 mile was gravel and flat. Then we hit a couple of climbs, the second of which I hit pretty hard and split the group up so it was just Abby, Lisa, and I. I was riding second wheel, faster than I should have in the single track, and within a fraction of a second I was on the ground. My handle bars had spun around and my front tire had blown off the bead. Lisa continued round me. I was glad that I didn't take her down to after doing something that stupid. I tried hitting my tire with CO2, but I couldn't get it to seal. Since I didn't have a tube to put in it, my day was done.

I don't know why I let these things happen. I get so caught up in the moment and then ride above my capabilities and crash. All I had to do was slow down in the single track, but I got so rapped up in trying to stay with Abby, I ended up ruining my whole day AND receiving my 1st DNF ever :(

Congrats to all the ladies that didn't screw themselves and actually got to finish the race! I will be back next weekend hopefully with lessons learned. See you at Nine Mile!

1 comment:

Mo said...

It's different to DNF with a mechanical vs. just giving up! You still rock! :)