13 March 2010

1st Race of the Season

Today was the 2nd installment of Bart's Spring Classic Series. Kyle and I had both intended to race it, but a nagging knee injury kept Kyle sidelined. Instead he served as corner marshal and coached me as I raced. Conditions were great for an early season race. Rain, low 40s and a stiff wind. There ended up being 5 women that did the race, 3 cat 1,2,3 and 2 cat 4. Bart sent us off with the cat 4,5 men. We were to do 4 laps. Lisa for PRC and I rode the 1st lap together, right behind the men. As the 2nd lap started, I missed grabbing the tail end of an attack and found myself in the chase group with 4 guys. Lisa managed to hang on with the lead 3 guys. That was pretty much how it stayed for the rest of the race. Kyle would give us a time break as we came around the back side of the course and it pretty much stayed at 30 seconds. So, I was kinda bummed that I missed out the move that separated us, but it was a good race all the same. I don't mind taking 2nd place.

All in all it was a great race. I appreciate Bart taking the time to have this series so that some of us who haven't been on the bike in awhile (like not since Jingle Cross last year :) can ease back into racing again.

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

good job robin! :)

my regards to kyle. hope he's healing up.