31 March 2010

Kent Park Race Report

I'm not going to get all worked up about race reports this year. Last year I tried to include every little detail and it just made me not write my races up. So, in short, there was a great women's turnout, 23 total I believe. My legs felt kinda rough on the warmup laps, but I was hoping it was just nerves. As we made our way around the first lap, I got antsy and decided to attack on the second to last hill. I spent the rest of the race time trialing off the front. With a lap and a half to go, the men's 1,2 caught me and I hung with them for a half lap just to get a break from the wind.

It was a wonderful race. Michael did an excellent job promoting the race and Atlas did a great job with the prizes.

I was so impressed with the ICCC ladies. For many of them, it was their first race ever and they rode their hearts out. Great job ladies! I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: