30 July 2009

New Rotation

My first rotation (Neurology) ended last friday (July 24th), and after an eventful weekend with Kyle's folks in town to help us paint our front porch, I was off to my next rotation, Psychiatry. This rotation, like the last, is 4 weeks long. I am doing this first week on ECT (or electroconvulsive therapy) and then the next 3 weeks on med psych. This week has been a great experience. I am working with Dr. Jerry Lewis. He has allowed me to get a full range of experiences with the ECT treatment and with following his patients in clinic. I wasn't sure what to expect going into this, but I can't complain. I don't foresee myself going into Psychiatry, but I am definitely getting valuable patient interactions that will hopefully make me a better doctor someday.

No comments: