01 July 2009

Playing Doctor

My first clerkship of my medical career started this week. I started in Neuro on the Stroke team, so it is pretty much like getting thrown into the deep end right from the start. It's going well, although I am getting way less sleep than I had hoped I would so early in clinicals. I have been getting in before 7 and rounds have been lasting until well after 1 in the afternoon. There are 4 other med students working with me and they are all women. Three of the 4 are 4th years, so they know what's going on and have been very helpful for the other M3 and me.

Since the 4th falls on a Saturday, this friday is a university holiday. Between the 5 of us we have to each take one shift either friday, saturday, or sunday. I took Saturday to ensure that I got Sunday off for the Iowa State Crit. I can't wait to sleep in Friday morning!!!!

Now I'm off to a lecture on seizure disorders.

No comments: