30 July 2009

Scott County Park MTB Race

A couple of weekends ago Kyle and I had planned to do the WORS Sunburst Showdown race up in Wisconsin. Unfortunately, at the last minute Kyle could not go because of things going on with work, so we decided to race locally instead. The race we did was on Sunday (July 19th), the ScoCoPa Frenzy, and it is part of the IMBCS and the I-74 series. Some of the kids from the shop and the like were there as well, Nickski, Robnett, Nate, and Cara. We were all decked out in the new Geoff's kits (all except Nate that is), I was the only one in red one though. We had a great time. The women went off with the men's sport field just 2 minutes behind. This was great in that we didn't have to fight them when the course bottle-necked into the single track, but it also meant that we had to go through the entire men's sport field. I had a great time though. All of the guys were great about getting over once they realized that I was the leader of the women's race. I took a heuge tumble on the first lap for no good reason. I just went from being upright one minute to endo and on the ground the next. No harm done though.

I finished 15th overall, but I think I could have placed higher up if I hadn't had to go through absolutely all of the men's sport field. Unfortunately, it just wasn't Kyle's weekend and he had to pull out of the race because of a flat. My girl Cara finished 3rd behind me and Beverly Winslow in the women's open race, so I was very happy to see her do that. Robnett finished 3rd behind a couple of Guiness riders and Nate now knows what it is like to be absolutely wrecked after a race :)

Good race...good people! Thanks for taking the time to put the ScoCoPa Frenzy together FORC!

No comments: